This job post has expired
Software Developer CMOP Integration Support
Chelmsford (United Kingdom)
Leidos Health Group has an opportunity for a Software Developer supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs' Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) Integration Support and Software Support Services task order. The CMOP is a network of seven (7) highly-automated production facilities which employ a mixture of robotic devices, conveyor systems, and human factors to accurately fill and ship nearly 117,000,000 prescriptions per year for healthcare beneficiaries including our nation's Veterans and patients eligible for care through Indian Health Service (IHS).
The Software Developer will need to be able to work on the customer site or from home, as the mission requires. Must live within 50 miles of one of the following locations:
- North Charleston, SCChelmsford, MAHines, ILLancaster, TXLeavenworth, KSMurfreesboro, TNTucson, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The candidate will participate in a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to the sustainment and modernization of the CMOP facilities consistent with the project's objectives listed below:
- Maintenance: Maintenance to all software at the individual CMOP facilities used to interface with local production equipment and processes. This maintenance function involves phone and remote system support with the seven CMOPs as well as on-site annual visits.Enhancement and Integration Support: Provide software services that improve performance, controls and documentation including equipment interfaces as new equipment is introduced at the CMOPs.Standardization: Develop and execute a long-term plan to provide standardization and stability to the Production Systems for all seven CMOPs. The goals being as follows:
- Create multiple levels of documentation to support both operational and IT usage of each of the Production SystemsAllow for standardized reporting based on an identical data structureCreate a single version of the software that can support the varying hardware setups at each siteControl all source code in a single repository for ease of deployment, modification and maintenance
- The candidate will be responsible for the provision of software design and development services in support of maintenance, enhancements and modernization of the CMOP facilities. The software is responsible for order management, inventory control, fulfilling activities and the interfaces with the equipment on the automation floor.The candidate should have the ability to quickly learn new pharmaceutical production floor technologies, including, control software development tools, sensors and automatic identification equipment and process control equipment.The candidate should have the ability to adequately document designs, coded solutions and systems.Develop automated testing toolsWrite technical specifications and system design documentationDevelop solutions that integrate with existing VA architectureProgram using industry standard methodsWork in Agile team environment with analysts, developers, testers, production support staff, stakeholders, and external vendor partners.Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
The candidate may:
- Be involved in analyses and the investigation of related applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.Ensure the compliance of customer standards; also ensures that contractual deliverables assigned are reviewed for completeness and completed on time.Works closely with other teams, support organizations, program and product management.Interact with senior management and other engineers. Interaction normally involves matters between functional and technical areas.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.8 or more years of relevant experience in creating logical and functional software code in a variety of languages. Ideally 2+ years of experience in the field of industrial process automation similar to that in the CMOP.Experience developing systems in the Microsoft environment using Microsoft's development environments in real-time is required.Proven experience in developing and supporting large development initiatives that are similar in scope and complexity to the VA's CMOP.4 years C#.NET / C++
- Half of the tasks for this work require C++ and the other half of the tasks require C#
- The current state of the project is that the majority of the software running in the CMOP factories is legacy C++ The future state (objective) of the project is to transition completely to C#. Developers code in C# on new project work when feasible.
- Understanding or experience of software development and integration processes in multiple environments.Strong web development experience with a good understanding of MVC and object oriented programming, in a pharmaceutical or automated fulfilment environment.Experience working with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) / hardware controlsExperience with Relational database design and TSQL programming skillsExperience with SQL ServerExperience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015Experience with Mid-Tier Application Servers (IIS)Experience with Agile MethodologiesExperience with Test Driven Development
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
ADP2 / IT2
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay Range: - provided by Dice
Share with friends
Techies Talent Network
Upload your resumes and connect with IT recruiters, setup personalized job alerts and receive professional tips to achieve your career goals, and even more. Join today!Join talent network